Pages

Friday, May 29, 2015

"Still Life"

I know most of you have already seen this picture,  but it is just too perfect to not document here.


I call it "Still Life with Charlie and Jane." 

Unbeknownst to me, Joe took this screen shot while we were on Skype this morning. He sent it to me a little while later and I burst out laughing. Funny how it is easier to laugh about things after they happen. 

I am holding up a book that Jane insists I hold for her so she can look at the pictures. If I slack in this job she will start fussing which will escalate until I hold it up to her desired height. Charlie is crying and screaming.  I have just told him that he won't have any Graham crackers with his lunch because he has eaten SO many already. 

And then there is me. I am in between laughing at the situation and just getting up and leaving the room in frustration; letting the chaos play out in my wake. "How is it only 10am?!?" All while trying in vain to hold a conversation with Joe. 

And dear Joe, enjoying the scene from the safety of his bachelor pad. 

Needless to say, Skype didn't last much longer. 

I am so glad he captured this unplanned moment in time so I can look back and remember the frustrating/humorous moments more clearly when my littles are grown up. 

I have this quote by Dr. Seuss written on a sticky note on my cork board. It reminds me to have a positive attitude about life because it is fleeting. Which is a reminder I often need.

"Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory. "
-Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

Spring said...

That was beautiful and hilarious all rolled into one. Loved it!!