Pages

Monday, December 2, 2013

Jane's Blessing (or the blessing that Jane is to us)

Jane's baby blessing was yesterday. It was a sweet blessing and experience in general. Keith and I (again) were impressed with the feeling that a very special spirit had come into our family. As a bonus she slept through the whole thing. It was a wonderful way to spend my last Sunday in church for a while.



 A few weeks ago Sarah surprised me when I opened a package in the mail that contained these gorgeous handmade booties. I couldn't stop looking at them all day. It was such a sweet gesture of love towards me and my little girl.

We just had to get a few shots of beautiful Jane modeling her lovely dress. (It came with a bonnet but it would be criminal to cover up hair like that). It was a gift from her Granny B and Great-grandma Lowe. The blanket was made by Grandma Lowe's dear friend Wanda.


Thankfully Jane doesn't have a future in modeling (phew!) as she has little patience for it.

5 comments:

Miriam said...

Adorable dress and slippers! Glad it was a good experience, my kids have cried through their baby blessings...

Deb said...

What a sweet baby! So glad her blessing was beautiful.

Liz said...

Her dress is so pretty and she is such a cute little thing. I see you with Charlie's cheeks. The best of both sides :) Thanks for the beautiful updates. Love you.

Whitney Hardie said...

That dress is absolutely perfect! I don't know that a lovelier baby ever existed. Sweet Jane is a doll and I want to munch her cheeks so badly!

branches 'n' twigs said...

I so agree with all the comments. Jane looks like a "doll"! She's so beautiful! What good work you do. :)